The Office of Economic Development seeks to develop opportunities to engage new audiences in the growth of our host city, and to increase Rutgers–Camden’s services to the State of New Jersey and the City of Camden.
The office works to build relationships with a wide range of businesses and organizations with the goal of enhancing the economy of the greater Camden region. Based on the successful models of other urban universities, the Rutgers–Camden Office of Economic Development seeks to encourage retail growth and other forms of investment in our neighborhood and city by:
- Utilizing the intellectual and physical assets of Rutgers to support and grow the economic development activity in Camden and neighboring regions.
- Partnering with public, private, and non-profit organizations with a shared goal of creating a knowledge-based economy that will attract businesses that support and benefit from the research and activities at Rutgers–Camden.
- Strengthening the relationships between local industries and academia.
- Promoting the current and potential workforce in the region.
- Participating in strategic neighborhood revitalization efforts in the City of Camden.
- Seeking to improve the economic well-being and quality of life of the City of Camden.